Information is undoubtedly the most important asset in today's business world. If you want to be part of the digital revolution, information literacy is essential.
The MBA in Business Intelligence prepares you to work in IT companies. It's a four-semester programme that includes work on big data optimisation, data visualisation, building risk management systems, decision making and using predictive models.
In this article, you will learn more about the Business Intelligence program, its benefits and the skills required.
THE BENEFITS OF THE MBA PROGRAM IN BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE.
1) There are many job opportunities and attractive employers for Business Intelligence graduates.
2) From Microsoft to McKinsey, many companies hiring Business Intelligence graduates are usually looking for candidates for these key positions:
business intelligence analyst
big data analyst
3) Regardless of specialization, graduates of these MBA programs offer a good return on investment.
4) Graduates are offered a wide range of career opportunities worldwide as the demand for business analysis cannot be overstated.
5) As a graduate, you will be able to work with professionals from a wide range of industries. This degree will help you develop your communication skills and teach you how to build strong networks and relationships.
6) This field offers untapped potential and opportunities as it is constantly evolving due to various technological developments.
7) Business intelligence is used by companies to understand the market, predict risk, buying behaviour, customer preferences, etc. and use this information to improve their products and services. So if you have experience in this area, you will have the strength and knowledge to build, strengthen, improve and grow your business.
BASIC TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED FOR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
Professionals write SQL queries to extract and analyze transactional data and develop visualizations to present to stakeholders.
The two most common programming languages in analytics are R for statistical analysis and Python for general programming. Knowledge of both languages can be useful for analyzing large amounts of data, but is not essential.
In addition to the languages mentioned above, statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, Sage, Mathematica and Excel can also be used for data management and analysis.
The candidate should be aware of the importance of visualization and which graph or table to use for a particular data set. The main visualization tools on the market are PowerBI, Tableau and Qlik Sense.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED FOR A BUSINESS ANALYST
excellent communication skills
structured and critical thinking
problem solving skills
We hope that this article has helped you gain basic information about business intelligence software.